The Classics lecture list for Hilary Term 2024 is published online at http://rbll.classics.ox.ac.uk/. Please note that the times and venues of lectures are subject to change at short notice, so you are advised to check the online lecture list regularly for up-to-date information.
Literae Humaniores and joint schools students should refer to the Philosophy Faculty's online lecture list for full details of the Philosophy lectures taking place each term.
For lectures organised by other departments, please see the University website.
1. Lectures and classes last one hour unless otherwise stated. Lecturers are asked to begin speaking five minutes after the advertised start time, and to finish their lecture five minutes before the advertised finishing time, to allow sufficient time for students to travel between venues.
2. Unless specific weeks are indicated (e.g. "wks 1,3,5,7"), lectures and classes take place in all eight weeks of full term.
3. Lectures and classes with more complex timetabling patterns (e.g. those held in different venues on different occasions) may appear as two or more adjacent entries in the lecture list.
4. Lectures and classes marked with an asterisk (*) are open to invited groups of students only.
5. Events marked with a dollar sign ($) require advance registration, because of capacity restrictions at the venue or because they are being held on a restricted online platform. Click on the "prospectus" link in the online lecture list for further information on how to register. If no prospectus is available, please contact the lecturer/seminar organiser directly for instructions on how to register.
6. Some lectures and classes only happen biennially or two years out of three. These are indicated in the lecture list. You are advised to attend lectures at the first available opportunity, as it may not be possible to attend the same lecture series in a subsequent year, for instance if the lectures are biennial or if changes to the timetable are necessary from year to year.